Why we collect your data and how we use it?
At Orgasmis there’s a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, every time you shop with us.
So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, delivery address or contact details. It could also include any information we collect when you visit our website. These details help us complete a transaction with you, make our advertising more relevant and tailor your shopping experience.
What we won’t do with your data is use it to fill your inbox with irrelevant or unwanted spam or sell your data to anyone else.
Aur Group are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
Collection of personal information
1. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect about you includes:
• name, gender, date of birth and age;
• identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
• contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
• details of a family member you register for a competition or promotion, including name and age;
• details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
• employer or business details;
• digital information, such as cookies (which are small data files transferred onto devices when a website or apps are accessed), tags and pixels (which ‘tag’ devices), software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website/app, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations, app launches, adding items to a basket, adding items to a wish list and making purchases;
• financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
• if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
We will usually collect personal information about you directly from you.
2. The main ways we collect personal information about you are:
• if you purchase or order any product from us;
• if you contact us, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
• if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to us;
• if you interact with us via social media platforms;
• if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
• if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
• if you submit an employment application to us.
3. We may also collect personal information about you from:
• publicly available sources, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
• any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to us;
• credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a credit account with us;
• anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
• any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
• our Related Companies including information about your transactions or other interactions with them, including browsing on their websites (as well as inferred information and characteristics as a result of undertaking data analysis).
Use and disclosure of personal information
4. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business (including to provide products and services to you and relating to our involvement in loyalty schemes that we participate in)
5. We may use your personal information:
• to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
• to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
• to deliver our products and services to you;
• to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
• to provide refunds and exchanges;
• to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
• to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including the layout and content of our website, and advertisements displayed to you on or via third party websites, or platforms such as Facebook);
• to undertake product recalls;
• to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
• to assist in determining your product or service preferences.
• to undertake data processing, data analysis and matching, market research or trend analysis to better understand our customers’ preferences, personalise websites and (where you have consented to receiving offers or direct marketing) to offer products or provide services of greater interest to you or engage in direct marketing;
• to derive insights about you in order to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
• in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
• to monitor and measure the use of our websites, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
• to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
• to assist us, our service providers and Related Companies, and other third parties who we share information with for loss prevention or law enforcement purposes in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• in the case of inferred characteristics produced through data analysis, for improving products and service offerings;
• to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
• for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
• for purposes directly related to any of the above.
6. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
• third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
• marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with our marketing, advertising and events;
• third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis and data matching activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online apps;
• third party platforms who display advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook);
• credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a credit account or other credit account, of any nature;
• third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to us in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
• our professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to us;
• third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
• law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law.
• other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
Transfer of information overseas
7. Where practicable you have the option of dealing with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy.
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
8. As part of our functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, we may use, and disclose to third parties, personal information that we have collected from you or trusted third parties (including our Related Companies), for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising and website/app personalisation) and other direct marketing and personalised communications. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes Orgasmis or third parties:
• sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about our products and services;
• personalising the layout of our website to display products and services of interest to you; and
• providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Generally, we will provide direct marketing and personalised communications to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
10. We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by Related Companies and other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use Related Companies and trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
Security and storage
11. We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, we seek to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for us is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
12. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to us over the internet.
Accessing and correcting personal information
13. You have the right to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by us, at no cost to you.
14. We may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
15. We will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
16. If we refuse to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if we refuse to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal.